Tenure-Track Research Scientists Bioinformatics (m/f) [RCI Regensburg Center for Interventional Immunology]
- Veröffentlicht: Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2018 12:28
The RCI – Regensburg Center for Interventional Immunology – is a novel biomedical research center of the University of Regensburg focusing on translational immunology in the fields of cancer immunotherapy, transplant rejection and autoimmunity. The objective of the RCI is to develop efficient immune therapeutic strategies in these areas. RCI groups are using state-of-the-art technologies (including next-generation sequencing) to investigate the mechanisms of immune regulation as well as the mechanisms underlying the complex interplay between immune and malignant cells, resulting in the control and eradication of cancer.
We are now seeking a scientist with an academic background in bioinformatics or in a closely related discipline to support RCI groups in the analysis of high-throughput data. The position is part of the RCI Genomics team and will be associated with the Computational Core Unit of the University of Regensburg.
What we offer:
• A 2-year position (automatically tenured after a positive evaluation in year 2) with the Regensburg Center for Interventional Immunology (RCI), where you will join a capable and dedicated team of scientists engaged in collaborative projects involving clinical and laboratory research
• The chance to make contributions to the development of novel therapies against cancer, infections, autoimmune diseases.
• The freedom to co-develop inventive biostatistical approaches emerging from real-life applications
• Software development. Developing cutting-edge software and analysis pipelines for genome data analysis
• Data processing. Maintaining a constant flow of sequencing data
• Data analysis. Collaborative work with researchers whose projects profit from state-of-the-art computational methods
• Data management. Developing databases and web infrastructure to keep track of data, analyses, and projects
• Training and outreach. Contributing to workshops and teaching collaborating scientists how to analyze their data
• Master/Diploma/PhD in computer science, physics, engineering, statistics, biology/bioinformatics or a related discipline
• Sound knowledge within the field of statistics
• Solid statistical programming skills, preferably with R, Python, or Perl
• Ability to clearly explain methods and results to scientists of other disciplines
• Desirable skills: Experience with the analysis of clinical or high-dimensional data, competent handling of various sequence data, good understanding of statistical methods and their application to large data sets, and knowledge of machine learning techniques, is an advantage
• Very good written and oral communication skills in English
• Strong interest in interdisciplinary research
The Regensburg Center for Interventional Immunology (RCI) is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists and encourages female applicants to apply. Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply for a position please send your application documents to:
Mrs Sabine Repp
RCI Regensburg Center for Interventional Immunology
Am BioPark 9
Deadline for application is December 15th, 2018.
We ask for your understanding that we cannot return application documents and that
we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Michael Rehli (#49-(0)941-944-5587).