The Cardio-CARE research group, Medizincampus Davos, Switzerland, funded by the Kühne Foundation, is searching for one highly motivated
for ambitious collaborative projects in cardiovascular disease. In the largest ongoing project, 9000 subjects from the Hamburg City Health Study are undergoing whole genome sequencing at the University Hospital Zurich until summer 2021. All data analysis will be done at Cardio-CARE in Davos in close collaboration with the Department of Cardiology from the University Medical Center in Hamburg, Germany.
What Is Special About Davos?
Davos is the largest resort in the Alps for mountain holidays and sport. It is at 1560 m the highest town in the Alps and has one of Switzerland’s biggest ski resorts. In winter you can enjoy more than 300 km of slopes, and in summer explore 700 km of hiking trails. Davos is also the traditional host of the World Economic Forum.
What Would Be Your Main Responsibilities?
• You perform the complete bioinformatics analysis, starting from FASTQ files to annotated joint called VCF files • You perform data analysis, integration and visualization
• You participate in maintaining and administering the High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster
• You provide training and support in programming and bioinformatics to team members
• You participate in the publication of research findings
Why We Want You To Join Our Team?
• You have a background in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or similar
• You are experienced in next-generation sequencing data analysis and have good working knowledge of standard bioinformatics tools, such as GATK or samtools
• You are familiar with GNU/Linux environments and HPCs
• You are proficient in R, including RMarkdown, Knitr and Shiny
• You are familiar with one or more programming languages, such as C/C++, Python or Java
• You have hands-on experience of reproducible workflows and version control
• You might have additional skills, such as a good understanding of molecular or cell biology, machine learning or Bayesian statistics
• You love to communicate, to collaborate, to connect different scientific disciplines and to contribute to multidisciplinary teams
Why You Want To Join Our Team?
• You want to be an important researcher who plays a critical role in expanding a research infrastructure • You want to pursue meaningful international research projects at the highest level
• You value our many possibilities for personal and professional growth
• You value quality of life and the opportunity to work in a magnificent scenery
• We are happy to provide help in terms of relocation procedures
Due to Swiss immigration regulations, priority will be given to applicants holding a Swiss passport, a valid Swiss working permit or EU/EFTA passport.