In the framework of the newly funded Collaborative Research Centre TRR 305 „Striking a moving target: From mechanisms of metastatic organ colonisation to novel systemic therapies“, we are looking for a
to support project partners in the bioinformatics analysis of omics data.
Your tasks will include:
- setting up and maintaining pipelines for sequencing data analyses (bulk and single-cell RNA-Seq, ATAC-Seq, ChIP-Seq);
- closely interacting with CRC project partners to support post-processing analyses of omics data (e.g. functional enrichment, visualisation and interpretation of results, data integration with publicly available datasets, preparation of publication-ready figures);
- academic degree (MSc/PhD) in bioinformatics, computational or life sciences. A PhD is preferred but not essential.
- prior experience in the analysis of next-generation sequencing data is advantageous;
- familiarity with working in a Linux/Unix environment;
- strong programming skills (e.g. Python, Perl, R);
- excellent communication skills and fluency in English.
The position will initially be available for 4 years, with the possibility of further extension.