Job Announcement ref. #12-21005
The LOEWE Center for Translational Biodiversity Genomics (LOEWE-TBG, https://tbg.senckenberg.de/) aims at making the genomic basis of biological diversity accessible for basic and applied research. Building on genome sequencing and analysis, LOEWE-TBG research topics range from comparative genomics, natural products genomics, and genomic biomonitoring to functional environmental genomics. LOEWE-TBG is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, and is a joint venture of the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN), Goethe-University Frankfurt, Justus-Liebig-University Giessen and Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology.
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung and the LOEWE-TBG invite applications for
a Bioinformatician (m/f/d) to work on genome assembly, genome annotation and comparison (full time)
- Developing, maintaining and automating computational pipelines for genome assembly and annotation of diverse eukaryotic species that are sequenced at TBG using state-of-the-art sequencing - technologies and compute infrastructure,
- Communication and collaboration with TBG and other researchers working on various genomic projects.
- Master or diploma degree in bioinformatics / computational biology, genomics or a related area,a PhD degree in these fields is an advantage but not strictly required,
- excellent programming skills in a Linux environment as well as experience with shell scripting and Unix tools,
- previous experience in genomics, genome assembly and/or annotation.
What is awaiting you?
- Joining a dynamic team of interdisciplinary researchers at an international research institution,
- Exciting research in a fast-growing research field,
- Flexible working hours – annual special payment – company pension scheme – Senckenberg badge for free entry in museums in Frankfurt, the zoo, botanical garden and Palmengarten – leave of 30 days/year – a subsidy job ticket for public transport.
Place of employment: Frankfurt am Main
Working hours: full time (40 hours/week)
Type of contract: initially limited
Salary: according to the collective agreement of the State of Hesse (pay grade E 13)
The contract should ideally start on January 1st, 2022 and is initially limited to December, 31st 2025. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung who supports equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference.
How to apply