Full time position for a PostDoc to fill in the newly established group for Big Data in Biomedicine at the Chair of Experimental Bioinformatics, Technical University of Munich, Freising, Germany.
A major research barrier in systems biomedicine is that most of the currently used gene-gene interaction networks are not cell type-specific and neglect much of our current understanding of cellular regulation (i.e. enhancers and repressors). The EpiMap project of the International Human Epigenome Consortium currently integrates and harmonizes multi-omics data from 1000 epigenomes, offering a unique chance to overcome this barrier. The aim of this research project is to use state-of-the-art machine learning techniques for multitask and transfer learning to construct robust cell-type-specific molecular interaction networks. Such networks will allow researchers to put their experimental results in a cell type-specific context and thus pave the way towards adding an epigenetic perspective to biomedical research in general and to systems medicine in particular.
- Recent PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Epigenetics or a related field.
- Strong experience with handling RNA-seq, small RNA-seq, WGBS, RRBS, ChiP-seq data
- Strong experience with systems biology and network analysis techniques
- Strong experience with advanced machine learning techniques, e.g. SVNs, RF, CNN
- Strong experience in R, Python or Java
- Good experience in using compute clusters / HPC environments and Docker / Singularity
- Solid understanding of molecular biology in general and epigenetic mechanisms in particular
- Ability to independently carry out a challenging research project in an international collaboration
- Fluency in English in written and spoken language.
What we offer
At the Chair of Experimental Bioinformatics you will find a supportive and productive research environment with a young, dynamic team of more than 20 international researchers at different stages in their career and education. Find us online at: https://www.exbio.de and https://biomedical-big-data.de.
The position is available starting immediately and initially limited for 3 year with a gross salary calculated according to A13 TV-L.
Links: URL for this position announcement: https://biomedical-big-data.de/post/job-announcement-nov18/