The Institute for Medical Bioinformatics is looking for a
(Bio-)Informatician, Natural Scientist as Projectmanager (m/f)
The job is to be filled initially for 2 years. Remuneration is based on TV-L (up to E12). Later prolongation in form of a permanent position is desired.
At the Institute for Medical Bioinformatics of the University Medical Center Göttingen, methods are being developed and applied in collaborative biomedical research projects in order to improve diagnostics and therapy decisions through molecular and genomic data.
• Independent project and data management at the institute, e.g. setting-up and maintaining the necessary management systems, participation in the application for third-party funded projects, management of projects and consortia, as well as preparation of project reports.
• Scientific interest and participation in research projects. For the job holder, there is a longer term possibility to prepare a bioinformatic dissertation.
• Completed university or applied university studies (computer science, bioinformatics, engineering or natural sciences).
• Very good English skills.
• In-depth IT knowledge - database systems (SQL), Linux, scripting languages.
• Ideally, experience in project management.
• Ideally, experience in scientific work
• Organizational skills, good time management and independent working methods.
• Teamwork and a high level of commitment
• Safe and friendly manner, professionalism, discretion and loyalty combined with high resilience.
Contact for applications
Your application should include a letter of motivation in English. Please send your application (preferably as a single PDF file) by e-mail at latest 15.01.2019 to:
Prof. Dr. Tim Beißbarth
University Medical Center Göttingen
Institute for Medical Bioinformatics
Tel.: 0551 / 39-14912
Fax: 0551 / 39-14914