The group of Prof. Marcel Schulz is looking to fill the position of two Phd students (E13 TV-G-U, 65%) to start as early as possible at the Computational Epigenomics & Systems Cardiology group at the Institute for Cardiovascular Regeneration, Center for Molecular Medicine, Frankfurt (https://schulzlab.github.io).
Exact payment is based on previous research experience according to the work laws of Goethe University (TV-G-U).
We offer a Phd position for method development for integrative analysis methods targeted for analysis of single cell assays that are conducted with multiple assays simultaneously, for example RNA-seq and DNA methylation or ATAC-seq. Another position is about method development of novel approaches for the prediction of gene expression. Different approaches from Machine Learning should be tested and novel approaches for the interpretability of complex non-linear methods or Deep Learning based approaches should be developed to unravel gene-specific regulatory codes from a large catalogoue of epigenomics data.
· Masters degree in Bioinformatics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or a related discipline
· good programming skills
· experience in the application of machine learning methods is advantageous
· experience in the analysis of sequencing data is advantageous
· we are working in an interdisciplinary team and are looking for people with good organizational and communication skills, as well as high creativity to address novel research problems
· good knowledge of the English language
Please send your application with CV and two names of references latest until 15.06.2019 (preferably by email) to:
Prof. Marcel Schulz, Institut für Kardiovaskuläre Regeneration, Zentrum für Molekulare Medizin, Goethe-Universität Frankfurt, Theodor-Stern-Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, E-Mail: marcel.schulz AT em.uni-frankfurt.de
Please do not send original documents by mail, because there will be no return of such documents. All electronic documents should be combined into one pdf document. Travel and application costs are not being reimbursed.
Goethe University is comitted to increase the amount of female researchers and we encourage their application. Applicants with a disability and equal qualifications will be favoured.