- Veröffentlicht: Dienstag, 18. Juli 2017 13:59
In a Nutshell:
- Learn the fundamentals of NGS
- Understand read alignment to a reference database
- Preprocess alignment files for MEGAN6
- Explore results in MEGAN6
- Write small scripts for batch analyses
Scope and Topics:
This introductory workshop provides an intensive training in how to use MEGAN6.
MEGAN6 is a comprehensive toolbox for interactively analyzing microbiome data. It comprises all the interactive tools you need for your metagenomics analysis.
Taxonomic analysis using the NCBI taxonomy or a customized taxonomy such as SILVA
Functional analysis using InterPro2GO, SEED, eggNOG or KEGG
Bar charts, word clouds, Voronoi tree maps and many other charts
PCoA, clustering and networks
MEGAN6 parses many different types of input
All participants will learn how to use both the Community and Ultimate Editions of MEGAN6. For the latter, everyone will get a free 30 day license key.