- Veröffentlicht: Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2018 12:57
In a Nutshell:
- Learn the essential computing skills for NGS bioinformatics
- Understand NGS analysis algorithms (e.g. read alignment) and data formats
- Use bioinformatics tools for handling RNA-Seq data
- Compare different approaches for differential expression analysis
Scope and Topics:
The purpose of this workshop is to get a deeper understanding in Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) with a special focus on bioinformatics issues. Advantages and disadvantages of current sequencing technologies and their implications on data analysis will be discovered. You will be trained on understanding NGS data formats and handling potential problems/errors therein.
All workshop attendees will be enabled to perform important first tasks of NGS data analysis themselves. The course layout has been adapted to the needs of beginners in the field of NGS bioinformatics and allows scientists with no or little background in computer science to get a first hands-on experience in this new and fast evolving research topic.