- Published: Tuesday, 25 February 2020 12:04
The population genomics group at the Department of Veterinary Sciences, LMU Munich, is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the earliest possible date. The full-time position is limited to 2 years with a possible extension. Payment is according to salary group E13 TV-L. The research focus of the Population Genomics Group is on functional and neutral genetic diversity in livestock populations as the basis for sustainable development in animal breeding. Our functional genomic analyses include the detection of causal mutations behind precisely defined mono- or polygenic phenotypes with regard to production quality and animal welfare as well as domestication research and analyses of genetic diversity in modern and historical samples. Moreover, recently this also implies de novo assembly and functional genomics of non-model organisms.
• assistance in current research projects of the working group
• conception and direction of own projects in the research field of the working group including the acquisition
• assistance in grant writing
• co-supervision of PhD students
• participation in teaching, especially by offering electives from the own area of expertise
• a PhD in bioinformatics or a different field (veterinary medicine, animal breeding, wildlife biology or similar)
with strong bioinformatic focus, preferably in the field of animal genetics or population genomics
• experience with software for NGS data analysis, good ability to independently conduct (population) genomic
and bioinformatic/statistical data analyses
• experience with programming and/or scripting languages like R, Python, Java, etc.
• experience with bioinformatic tools used for de novo sequencing and annotation of the mammalian genome
is an advantage but not a prerequisite.
• experience with Bayesian statistics (e.g. ABCtoolbox and/or BEAST) is an advantage but not a prerequisite
• practical experience in molecular genetics lab work is an advantage but not a prerequisite
• experience in publishing in international journals
• fluent language skills in English
PD Dr. habil. Ivica Medugorac
For further information about the position, please contact Dr. Medugorac via e-mail or phone (+49 89 2180 3310).