With around 175 member companies from the food industry and related fields, the DIL operates with its 200
employees as a research institute working in the areas of food product development, process development
and food analysis. Forming a bridge between science and practice, DIL supports its partners in the innovation process.
In the Research Platform Biotechnology of the German Institute of Food Technologies (DIL) a full-time
position for a
Research Assistant Bioinformatics (f/m/d)
is to be filled as soon as possible. The DIL is building competence in the field of Next Generation Sequencing
(NGS) and is looking for a specialist for DNA/RNA sequence-based bioinformatics in the fields of research and
industrial service analytics. The applications concern the authenticity control of food, the analysis of food
microbiomes and the quality control of foods or tracking of pathogens in food production. The successful
candidate will have a key role in the setup and development of equipment processes and methods.
- Data acquisition, transformation, storage and analysis
- Analysis and visualization of sequencing data from whole genome (re)sequencing, (meta)barcoding, metatranscriptomics,
- meta-genomics, etc.
- Processing of raw sequence data (quality control, pre-processing)
- Read mapping against reference genomes or transcriptomes (including post-alignment processing) and
- de novo genome assembly
- Setting up (meta)barcoding strategies for food authenticity control
- Use of bioinformatic tools and programming of own software tools
- Application of and collaboration in research and industrial projects
- Completed study in bioinformatics, biosciences or biotechnology with a focus on bioinformatics or a
- comparable qualification
- Initial experience with NGS data analysis or analysis of metagenomic data
- Good programming skills (e.g. Python, R) and statistical knowledge
- Knowledge in the following areas is advantageous
- Program libraries (e.g. Bioconductor) and pipelines for metabarcoding, metagenomics and metatranscriptomics
- Handling with large amounts of data and databases (e.g. using SQL queries)
- Data aggregation, visualization and analysis
- Food and food-related organisms (microorganisms, plants, animals)
- Precise and independent work, team spirit
- German and/or English (fluent in spoken and written)
We offer you the opportunity to work in a committed team on varied and challenging projects in an open and
pleasant working atmosphere. You will also find modern equipment for NGS and data management.
Dr. Christian Hertel
Phone +49 (0)5431.183.142
Are you interested?
Then we look forward to receiving your complete application
including your salary expectations and the earliest possible
DIL Deutsches Institut für Lebensmitteltechnik e.V.
Prof.-von-Klitzing-Str. 7, 49610 Quakenbrück
Telefon: +49 (0)5431.183.0