We are seeking a PhD or junior postdoc with a strong interest in network analysis algorithms to investigate interactions within collectives, in particular for the exploration of collective behaviour in immersive environments.
The Cluster of Excellence “Centre for the Advanced Study of Collective Behaviour” (CASCB) at the University of Konstanz invites applications for this position primarily targeted as a PhD study but also open to candidates on a junior postdoc level. The position is to be filled by January 01 2021 or by agreement for initially two years (PhD three years) with possible extension for one year.
The cluster investigates the collective behaviour and associated patterns in humans and animals in an unprecedented interdisciplinary approach by applying and developing an innovative range of quantitative methods and novel technologies (https://www.exc.uni-konstanz.de/collective-behaviour/). The position will be embedded into the conceptional framework of the research area „Computational Methods for Measuring, Analysing and Visualising Collective Behaviour“. It is a full-time paid position (E13 TV-L) also on PhD level.
• Research in network analysis algorithms for immersive environments to investigate interactions within collectives
• Writing research papers and other publications
• Supervising students
• Graduate degree (Master or PhD level) in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with graph algorithm development, algorithm engineering and virtual reality
• High motivation
• Good communication skills and the ability for teamwork
• Strong written and oral English skills
• Professional infrastructure and support for conducting research
• Ability to work with world-leading scientists on a new and exciting research field
• Full funding for international and German students
• Integration into the interdisciplinary Excellence Cluster research community
• Inspiring work environment
Starting date: As soon as possible
initially two years (PhD three years) position with possible extension for one year
Salary: based on E13 TV-L (100%, ca. 50.000 Euro p.a. before taxes)
Location: University of Konstanz
Please send your application including your cover letter, CV and official transcripts of education certificates as one PDF file by
November 20th 2020 via our Online-Application Portal, see https://stellen.uni-konstanz.de/jobposting/d7bc06d7beca82e9313df7ef4cdbf70e25ae6c950