Your tasks and responsibilities
• Leveraging Bayer’s unique position in Life Sciences: Research at the interface of human, animal and plant health.
• Be an active member (m/f) of a highly interdisciplinary and cross-organizational team, including scientists from our divisions across Europe
• Contribute to the implementation of a deep learning platform to leverage data in computational chemistry, pharmacokinetics, toxicology using deep learning
• Extensively validate and further improve the deep learning platform for various property predictions of crop science and drug development compounds
• Research, design, and implement deep learning algorithms for analysis problems related to high-throughput image analysis, for prediction of properties of molecules, and for analysis of complex genomic data
• Generate direct impact on our discovery projects to help patients and ensure proper nutrition of an ever growing population
Who you are
• PhD degree in bioinformatics, computational biology or chemistry, computer science or related fields and a solid background in chemistry or biology
• Experience with state of the art machine learning methods and model selection concepts
• Previous experience with deep learning is of advantage
• Excellent programming skills in Python are essential, additional skills in R or C++ is of advantage
• Proficiency in writing code and using a Linux high performance environment
• Expertise in handling, processing, integrating and analyzing data sets related to research in the pharmaceutical industry
• Highly creative personality with outstanding problem solving ability and the willingness to undertake challenging analysis tasks
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to work effectively both independently and in cross-functional teams • Willingness to travel between research sites
• Spoken and written proficiency in English is mandatory
This is a fixed-term contract for two years. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and support both individual and professional development. Applications for this position should be made online at www.career.bayer.de, submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectations.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 0000190819
Info-Hotline: +49 214 30 99779