The University of Applied Sciences Koblenz offers higher education and research in the areas of mathematics, economics, technology and engineering as well as the social sciences and the arts. Our 9600 students are taught by 170 professors and more than 400 staff members at the three campuses in Koblenz, Remagen and Höhr-Grenzhausen.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Technology at the RheinAhrCampus in Remagen is currently inviting applications for the position of
Postdoc or PhD in Statistical Bioinformatics (Pay group E13 TV-L/ 100%)
in the Research Group of Professor Maik Kschischo. The post is be funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) for a fixed-term period of 36 months within the Research Unit FOR 2800 “Chromosomal Instability: Cross-talk of DNA replication stress and mitotic dysfunction“ (see www.for2800.de
). We are looking for excellent candidates with a background or strong interest in network or systems biology, statistics and machine learning, and/or cancer genomics. The goal is to develop new statistical and machine learning methods
and algorithms to better understand complex and high dimensional data and to contribute statistical and computational modelling toward a biological understanding of chromosomal instability and replication stress
in cancer and other diseases.
What do we have to offer?
• Excellent research opportunities
• Co-operation with leading German and international teams
• Support and supervision of your postdoc or PhD project
• The opportunity to gain a strong research track record in biomedical data sci-
ence and systems biology
• Fixed term for three years
What do we expect from you?
• A Master’s level degree in bioinformatics, statistics, mathematics, physics or computer science (PhD for Postdoc).
• Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
• Basic biological knowledge and willingness to learn new biology
• Experience with at least one programming language (e.g. R, Python or C)
• Creativity, independent thinking and passion for research
• Good English language skills