The Professorship for Algorithmic Bioinformatics at Justus Liebig University Giessen invites applications for the full-time position of a Research Assistant.
· - Own scientific training; Scientific services in research and teaching according to § 65 HHG; university didactic qualification
· - Taking on teaching duties according to the teaching obligation ordinance of the state of Hesse
· - development of bioinformatic algorithms and sustainable engineering of their implementations in fields like phylogenetics and annotation recruitment in close collaboration with other team members as well as statistical analyses of microbiome big data.
· Completed academic studies in a natural science subject as well as teaching experience in the field of bioinformatics / genome research / sequence analysis
· strong practical skills in genomics, especially in automated microbial genome annotation•fluency in Python would be ideal
· experiences with high performance computing, grid clusters or clouds as well as routine use of collaborative software engineering tools are highly preferred
Link to complete job description: http://www.inst.uni-giessen.de/stellenmarkt/pdf/stelle0012055.pdf